Imphal, May 30,
A person faking as police personnel was thrashed by the locals of Wangkhem Khul on Wednesday around 7 pm and handed to Irilbung Police. The person was identified as Thongram Inao Singh (57 yrs), son of late Munan. He hails from Chanam Sandrok Mamang Leikai. The locals claim that the person entered into the house of the villagers and threatened them with an arrest warrant issued by Civil Judge (Sr Div) Lamphel. He inquired the whereabouts of the Secretary and the President of the local club and threatening them with arrest, the locals added.
Ch Samananda, the Secretary of Wangkem Nongmaileima Youth Club said that there is a case going on in the Civil Court Lamphel about a Village grazing ground. A person from Singjamei Chingamathak has taken over the land without due process, secretary of the local club added. The matter is related to the case. Thongram has done similar things in the village earlier. The locals have been waiting to get hold of him, they added. The locals got suspicious and he was detained in the local club and later handed to the police.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Okram Joy threatens to throng at assembly if house fails to recognise Sanamahi as minority religion
- Concerned Citizens staged cycle rally for Freedom of Speech
- MUSU form committee to restructure crumbling Academic Environment of Manipur University
- AMSU demands regular VC, Dean and Academic council for DM University; warns agitation
- Alumni and various other Students stage protest demonstrations condemning the attack on JNU