Imphal, May 30,
In its pursuit of making Manipur a drug free State, Assam Rifles seized a huge quantity of drugs worth approximately Rs 11.35 crores along Asian Highway (NH 102).
On 28 May 19, at around 1315 hrs based on specific input, troops of Assam Rifles stopped a Silver colour Omni Van bearing registration number MN 01AG 2412 travelling from Moreh to Imphal for checking. On carrying out a thorough check of the vehicle, white coloured powder suspected to be Heroin contained in 33 packets and weighing approx 400 grams, WIY tablets 3,13,000 in number and Orange colour powder suspected to be Brown Sugar contained in 15 packets weighing approx 180 grams were found hidden under the rear seat of the vehicle. The vehicle was being driven by Mr Md Feroz Khan aged 28 years, resident of Ward no 5, Muslim Nagar, Moreh.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur government celebrates Amit Shah’s nods to extend ILPS; declares holiday
- Amit Shah’s assurance for extension of ILPS in Manipur -too early for celebration
- Citizenship Amendment Bill 2019: Proposal & Reactions
- Citizenship Amendment Bill introduced in Lok Sabha
- Amit Shah introduces Inner Line Permit System in Manipur in LS