Imphal, May 30,
In its pursuit of making Manipur a drug free State, Assam Rifles seized a huge quantity of drugs worth approximately Rs 11.35 crores along Asian Highway (NH 102).
On 28 May 19, at around 1315 hrs based on specific input, troops of Assam Rifles stopped a Silver colour Omni Van bearing registration number MN 01AG 2412 travelling from Moreh to Imphal for checking. On carrying out a thorough check of the vehicle, white coloured powder suspected to be Heroin contained in 33 packets and weighing approx 400 grams, WIY tablets 3,13,000 in number and Orange colour powder suspected to be Brown Sugar contained in 15 packets weighing approx 180 grams were found hidden under the rear seat of the vehicle. The vehicle was being driven by Mr Md Feroz Khan aged 28 years, resident of Ward no 5, Muslim Nagar, Moreh.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- State Assembly Session : House Passed demands for six departments
- SCERT embeds Assembly session as an excuse for disregarding Manipur Information Commission
- Be cautious; of the 30 countries affected by Novel Coronavirus no case reported from Myanmar
- Finally, MHRD seeks President’s approval for removal of Manipur University VC AP Pandey
- Government Aided School Employees threaten to commit suicide for revised pay