Imphal, May 24,
Congress President Gaikhangam, who is also a member of the Congress Working Committee Member, today expressed skepticism to the huge margin that BJP and its alliance partners get in the 17th Lok Sabha Election whose result was declared yesterday. He however, said that the Congress party accepted the peoples’ mandate
The Congress leader was speaking in a press meet held this morning at Congress Bhavan.
However, Gaikhangam didn’t agree that election in Manipur state was held free and fair.
“If the Election was free and fair Congress could have easily won the election”, a confident Gaikhangam said.
The Congress candidate gets a huge number of votes and it was just around 20,000 that the BJP candidate won the vote. Gaikhangam said that had there been no unfair means the Congress candidate could have won the election with huge margin.
He appreciated the people of Manipur who had voted for the Congress candidate O. Nabakishore amidst all odds.
“We appreciate the people of the state for their love to Congress party and braves the intimidation, personnel attack and mass rigging and voted for the Congress party”, Gaikhangam said.
“Peoples’ mandate should be accepted, however, it is hard to believe this result”, Gaikhangam said. He however said that even though it is hard to believe this mandate the Congress party did not oppose it and rather accept it as people are supreme authority in parliamentary democracy.
“BJP and alliance partners get huge margin in the poll result which is not expected by the people”, Gaikhaingam said.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Combating Covid-19 pandemic by empowering the youth
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire
- ‘We don’t procure sub-standard mask, we encourage hand made three-layers masks under the Ministry’s guideline’
- Conquering the art of bloody politics
- Cracks between NPP and BJP stitched; Deputy CM Yumnam Joykumar re-allocated with Finance portfolio
Achung Saturday, 25 May 2019 09:26 Comment Link
It was your own plan, Mr. Gaikhangam. You made sure that NPP should win.