Imphal, May 23,
Manipur Inter State Taxi Service Workers’ Association thanked personnel of Mao Police Station and civil society of Senapati district for extending all support in punishing hooligans who had assaulted a Winger driver at Karong area along NH 2.
A statement issued by Mohen Asem, Secy. ISTA, said that on May 20, a driver was assaulted by a group of 4 young men at Karong, Senapati, Manipur.
The group broke the windshield of the vehicle and fled the scene towards Mao side, it said. The driver with the help of his passengers lodged an FIR in Senapati Police station. Within few hours Senapati P.S. nabbed the culprits and brought to the station for interrogation and to confirm the crime they committed against the innocent driver in front of many passengers the statement said.
The ISTA extended their sincere appreciations to those passengers on board, Song Song Youth and Student’s Organisations (SSYSO), Mr. Adakho, NPO, Winger Driver’s Union, Maimom Anil Meetei, Secy.(AMRTDMWU) and specially Mao Police Station and Senapati Police Station for their helps and cooperation.
The statement also appealed not to upload the video clips of the incident in Social Media.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- Alert demonstration continues; protestor Gherao MLAs residence
- Congress MLA AK Mirabai join alert protest rally; MLA Joykishan will not take part Sangai Festival
- Manipur HC directs authority to ensure safety of ostracized family in returning to their village
- Education minister Th. Radheshyam inspects school and interacts with students on ‘No School Bag Day’
- Security forces shifted from Colleges campus after Human Rights bodies, students demand for removal