Imphal May 23,
On the occasion of World Autoimmune Arthritis Day, Keithelmanbi Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) organised a Medical cum Health Awareness Camp in Chadong Maphao village on Yesterday.
The medical cum awareness camp was organised by Hanuman Top Company Operating Base (COB) with the aim to reach out to the needy and socially deprived section of the society and provide them basic medical facilities. The camp witnessed an attendance of over 150 locals of the area.
The event commenced with an informative lecture on arthritis, joint pain, seasonal diseases with guidance on necessary precautions required to undertaken in view of upcoming monsoons. This was followed by an interactive session in which various queries raised by the attendees were clarified.
As part of the camp, a dedicated medical team under the Unit Medical Officer provided medical assistance to the locals of the area. In addition to the medical checkup, consultation on various diseases and health related issues as well as free medicines were distributed to the needy patients. The medical team also visited houses in the village rendering medical assistance to the elderly and bed ridden patients.
The initiative of Assam Rifles was appreciated by the local populace who conveyed their heartfelt gratitude to the Assam Rifles for conducting such a camp and providing much needed medical assistance to the people. They also requested for more such camps in the near future for the benefit of the entire community.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifle inaugurates vocational training centre and distributes solar power systems
- Manipur State Journalist Awards, 2019 conferred to 8 journalists on National Press Day
- Manju Diler visits Ccpur, takes stock of manual Labourers’ Plight
- Children should be acquainted with the beauty of nature for harmonious living: Deputy CM
- Minister Shyamkumar launches green bag at Ima Market; 2 Lakhs Green Paper Bag Distributed To Curb Plastic Pollution