Imphal, May 22,
The Eastern Naga National Government (ENNG) expressed strong condemnation terming the killing of MLA Tirong Aboh and 10 others as cold blooded and brutal assassination.
The MLA and ten others including family members are on their way to Khonsa from Assam when the suspected NSCN (IM) cadres attacked and killed them.
“Such dastardly and inhumane act of violence by a Nagaland based organisation has no place in Tirap, Changlang & Longding ( TCL) region” a statement said and added that ever since the entry of different factions of NSCN in TCL areas in 2002 they have made several gruesome political murders including assassination of erstwhile Arunachal East MP Lt. Wangcha Rajkumar beside killing innocent aboriginal civilians of all communities of the region i.e., the Tangsas, Noctes, Tutsas, Wanchos, Singphos like a priceless animals to fulfil their ulterior agenda.
The ENNG appealed the NSCN to leave TCL region as soon as possible saying that they are not their people. The ENNG also warned to all those who harbour and support various faction of NSCN.
The ENNG also demanded the Government of India to suspend the ongoing peace talk with NSCN (IM) and their demand for integration of TCL into greater Nagalim must stop immediately.
“The public of TCL should seriously stress for Autonomous District Council (ADC) and the GOI should be serious in granting it to the people as it has been their long cherished demand” the statement said.
The statement was released by one Jime Naga, Publicity & Information Secretary,
GHQ, Eastern Mahal and (Lungrok ).
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?