The Manipuri Youths Front of Assam (MYFA) submitted their memoranda to the Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal through his secretary on Monday here at Guwahati citing various problems facing by the Manipuri community of Assam.
In their memoranda, MYFA demanded the Chief Minister to include Manipuri as optional subject in the upcoming TET examinations as well as in any of the government job interviews .
In their submission, MYFA opined that Manipuri language is a schedule language and also teach in Assam from Primary level to Doctoral level.
“It needs to include Manipuri language in any of the government job interviews as the language is have its own government schools in various parts of Assam particularly in the Barak Valley region, MYFA president Herajit said.
The memoranda also revealed the demands of MYFA to recognize Manipuri as Indigenous community of Assam.
Latest from ImphalTimes
- Banned contract firm M/s SN Pavei awarded 8 PMGSY Phase XI for 2017-18
- Chak-tangba, Overdraft and Game of Thrones
- Manipur Maoist lifts ban on RIMS and its engineering cell
- India Influence Report 2019 reveals how influencer marketing is becoming an indispensable part of brand’s marketing metrics as well as image positioning campaigns of major political parties in India
- Normal Headaches may be a serious medical disorder