The Manipuri Youths Front of Assam (MYFA) submitted their memoranda to the Assam Chief Minister Sarbananda Sonowal through his secretary on Monday here at Guwahati citing various problems facing by the Manipuri community of Assam.
In their memoranda, MYFA demanded the Chief Minister to include Manipuri as optional subject in the upcoming TET examinations as well as in any of the government job interviews .
In their submission, MYFA opined that Manipuri language is a schedule language and also teach in Assam from Primary level to Doctoral level.
“It needs to include Manipuri language in any of the government job interviews as the language is have its own government schools in various parts of Assam particularly in the Barak Valley region, MYFA president Herajit said.
The memoranda also revealed the demands of MYFA to recognize Manipuri as Indigenous community of Assam.
Latest from Karan Sapam
- KYKL observes 26th Martyrs Memorial Day; Pays floral tribute
- NEFIS organizes candle light march at Delhi University demanding justice for Babysana
- Private hospitals – in imperative call for a robust CGHS system
- Internationally Acclaimed Award Winning Iranian Film-The Wind Will Carry Us Directed By: Abbas Kiarostami
- Indian shuttlers win a gold and two silver medals at World Senior Badminton Championships