Imphal, May, 16
The 48th Executive Council Meeting of RIMS, Imphal was held today i.e. 15th May, 2019 at Nirman Bhawan, New Delhi under the chairmanship of Secretary, Health & Family Welfare, Govt. of India. During the meeting, the Executive Council agreed to increase MBBS seats and PG seats for Economically Weaker Section (EWS). It was also agreed to start M.Sc. Nursing course, DM in Nephrology, Sports Medicine, strengthening of super specialty doctors, and also to start paramedical courses like B.Sc. MLT, X-Ray, CT Scan, ECG etc. It was also agreed to increase retirement age of faculty having M.Sc. Nursing from 60 to 65 years for academic purposes.
Preeti Sudan, Secretary, Health & Family Welfare, Government of India also appreciated the hard work done by the Director, officials, faculty members and staff and for getting ranked 28 in medical category under National Institutional Ranking Framework (NIRF), Government of India.
Ram Muivah, Secretary, North East Council, Director General of Health Service, Government of India, Additional Secretary and Joint Secretary from Health & Family Welfare, Government of India and officials from the institute attended the meeting.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- MCI approves MD Sports Medicine in RIMS
- Assam Rifles Seized Huge quantity of cigarettes in Moreh
- ECI announces Rajya Sabha election for 55 members including Manipur on March 26
- Humanism Foundation organizes placement counselling
- CM attends around 500 complaints on joint Meeyamgi Numit and Hill Leaders’ day