Imphal, May 14,
A 42 (forty two) years old daily wage earner who live by mining sand at Yairipok Leirongthel area of Thoubal River today went missing after he was reportedly carried away by the river current. The person is identified as Thangjam Kunje Singh, son of (Late) Lala Singh of Ukhongshang Mayai Leikai in Thoubal District. Witness said that the person drowned in the river at around 9.30 am unable to control himself to the river current.
Effort to search the person was underway. Rescue team of the State Fire Service also joined the search operation. Motor boats were used to search the body. The body remains is missing till the filling of this story.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Dolaithabi Barrage fails: farmers decry as paddy field remain dry
- Class 7 Student found hanging in her hostel room at Standard Robarth Higher Sec. School Canchipur
- Protest continues demanding arrest of culprits involved in the attack to U. Thoibi
- MARSAC organises workshop on Disaster Management System
- Dead body stealing case: Police arrests prime suspect; LCA relaxes indefinite bandh, to continue agitation