Imphal, May 14,
A 42 (forty two) years old daily wage earner who live by mining sand at Yairipok Leirongthel area of Thoubal River today went missing after he was reportedly carried away by the river current. The person is identified as Thangjam Kunje Singh, son of (Late) Lala Singh of Ukhongshang Mayai Leikai in Thoubal District. Witness said that the person drowned in the river at around 9.30 am unable to control himself to the river current.
Effort to search the person was underway. Rescue team of the State Fire Service also joined the search operation. Motor boats were used to search the body. The body remains is missing till the filling of this story.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- ‘School PHAGATHANSHI’ campaign only at initial stage; criticism to it is more like killing the baby before birth says Edn. Minister
- Staffs of Catholic schools refutes allegation of molestation to the Principal by KCP-MC
- KIL observes 9th Foundation day We will fight all form of oppression - Memcha
- Under trial person for minor rape case caught again for another rape charge
- Chandel District Teachers have Not Received Salaries for 2 Months