Imphal, May 14,
In an effort to flush out anti social element, state police team has been intensifying search operation at various part of the state. Recent bomb blast and attack to private schools as well as extortion threat to medical practitioners and traders has alerted the police team since the last couple of days.
Today morning too, a team of Imphal West district police conducted search operation at various places of Imphal area. Around 220 suspected persons were rounded up at Wahengbam Leikai Jiri Parking area and made them stand in line while the police team conducted verification one after another. Similar verification of suspected persons was also conducted at the road located to the eastern side of Nambul River.
14 persons who failed to produce valid identity proof documents were picked up for further investigation.
The Imphal West police team had conducted similar operation at Wahengbam Leikai Jiri Parking area some days back.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids.
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- New Vespa /Aprilia outlet opens at Thoubal Okram
- Six contemporary award winning feature films from Tunisia to be screened at MSFDS on May 25 & 26
- Sanamahi Kiyong to be inaugurated on June 8
- 1 died, another injured after building collapse at Paona Keithel near Polo Ground
- Bikers with modified silencer fined