Imphal, May 14,
In an effort to flush out anti social element, state police team has been intensifying search operation at various part of the state. Recent bomb blast and attack to private schools as well as extortion threat to medical practitioners and traders has alerted the police team since the last couple of days.
Today morning too, a team of Imphal West district police conducted search operation at various places of Imphal area. Around 220 suspected persons were rounded up at Wahengbam Leikai Jiri Parking area and made them stand in line while the police team conducted verification one after another. Similar verification of suspected persons was also conducted at the road located to the eastern side of Nambul River.
14 persons who failed to produce valid identity proof documents were picked up for further investigation.
The Imphal West police team had conducted similar operation at Wahengbam Leikai Jiri Parking area some days back.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A National level Rugby player and a regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids. Jeet can be contacted at [email protected]
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- Thangmeiband, Polem Leikai declared as containment zone; Efforts underway for contact tracing of the patient
- Smile Train India Strengthens Support To Cleft Patients During COVID19
- HSLC, 2020 result declared today; two Government school students ranked in top 25 positions
- AMCTA condoles demise of Prof. Th. Oliver Monsang
- Need for empathy, understanding and responsibility