Imphal, May 10,
Prelims examination of the Civil Service Examination for the year 2019 conducted by the Manipur Public Service Commission which was set to be conducted on date 12 May is likely to be postponed after court intervention.
The source added that the examination is being postponed as the MPSC still has no proper rules and regulations laid down for conducting the MPSCCCE. Also, that the MPSC should follow the previous order laid down by Justice Kotishor in 2017.
A group of Civil Service aspirants filed a writ petition against the absence of controller of examinations and absence of proper rules and regulations. Justice Lanusungkum Jamir, after hearing the writ petition, gave an order today to postpone the Preliminary exam 2019 and that proper rules and regulations should be set before conducting the exam. Also, that Controller of examinations should be appointed.
The last controversial exam MPSCCCE Mains 2016 was conducted without proper rules and regulations, and that there was “no Controller of examination”, it added.
The secretary was taking charge as the “Controller” , which was against the rules.
Now, MPSC attempted to forcefully conduct the MPSCCCE 2019 , with the same procedure as that of 2016 exam.
Another source said that official order for postponement of the exam may be available today.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur University VC Prof Adya Prasad Pandey dismissed
- MACR appreciates government but not happy over delay in approving Draft State Child Policy, 2017
- Committing crime against nature and the essence of patriotism
- State Assembly Session : House Passed demands for six departments
- SCERT embeds Assembly session as an excuse for disregarding Manipur Information Commission