Imphal May 7,
A monthly village chief/secretary meeting was organised at T’Minou by Moreh Battalion of 26 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) on 06 May 2019. A total of 10 village chiefs and secretaries of nearby villages attended the meeting. The security situation in the area was deliberated upon and the importance of maintaining peace and harmony was discussed in detail during the meeting. Village Chiefs/Secretary expressed their interest in maintaining close liaison with Assam Rifles, the border guarding force. The other agenda points of the meeting included security aspects, exchange of information and updation of mobile numbers. The meeting culmiated with refreshments for all. The village chiefs and secretaries thanked Assam Rifles for its efforts to ensure peace and tranquility in the area. They also assured their whole hearted cooperation with Assam Rifles in future as well.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles Conducts Free Health Awareness Campaign
- Seminar Cum Awareness Programme On TDS Held
- Bamboo plantation can be an alternative to Jhum cultivation: Forest Minister Th. Shyamkumar
- AR Conducts Security Meet
- Oscar Winning Italian Film-Cinema Paradiso to be Screened with interaction session On June 16 At 5 Pm