Imphal, May 6,
Manipuri Youths” Front of Assam (MYFA) has urged the Chief Minister of Manipur to urged the Chief Minister of Assam for inclusion of Manipuris who have been settled in Assam since time immemorial.
A memorandum in the regard signed by Seram Herajit Singh, President MYFA has been submitted.
The memorandum draws the attention of the Chief Minister for urging the CM of Assam to ensure that names of all Manipuris (Meitei) and Manipuri Muslims who have been settling in Assam for decades under their own Kings are not left from the list of the ongoing National Register of Citizens (NRC) which is going to be published finally on 31st July 2019.
It also stated to urge the Assam Chief minister to recognise the Manipuris settling in Assam as indigenous people when Clause 6 of Assam Accord gets amended as per NRC, Assam.
It further stated that preservation and promotion is the urgent need to build up unity and fraternity among the Manipuris scattering in different parts of the north east and stated that Assam & Tripura campus of Manipur University of Culture need to be opened.
The MYPA also urged the CM to Construct Manipuri Bhavans at lmphal and SiIchar
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- One more returnee tested positive; Number reached 60
- NPF MLA Awangbou Newmai inducted as Minister in N.Biren Singh led Govt.
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey