Imphal April 21,
Manipuri Chanura Leishem Marup (MACHA Leima) today observed its 50th Foundation Day at Lamyanba Sanglen. Advisor of Macha leima H. Borkeina, Founder Secretary Khundongbam Ibetombi and life Member Yengkhom Roma grace the occasion as dignitaries on the dais.
Former members and office bearers of Macha leima were honoured on the occasion.
Speaking to media persons at the sideline of the function, Founder Secretary of MACHA Leima Khundongbam Ebetombi said that MACHA leima has been fighting for the emancipation of women group in today society.
“Macha leima was form to emancipate women and to face the male counterpart equally”, Ibetombi said and added that the MACHA Leima has been doing various activities for the welfare of the women group of the state. RTI, has been applied on women related issues and various camp for empowering of the women have been conducted at various places.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- DM Community College started manufacturing hand sanitizers
- MSAD annual magazine ‘MAHEIROI’ formally released for Manipur
- International Mother Language Day organised
- Okram Joy threatens to throng at assembly if house fails to recognise Sanamahi as minority religion
- Concerned Citizens staged cycle rally for Freedom of Speech