Imphal, April 20,
Coalition Against Drugs and Alcohol(CADA) organised awareness program against Drugs at Thiyam Konjil Warok Leikai, Imphal East District on Friday afternoon.
Ningthoujam Doren, Vice President of CADA expressed apprehension on the increase of drug users irrespective of ages in the state.
He added that abuse of alcohol and illicit drugs continued to be a major hurdle in the society causing serious health problem to youths and aged people.
He urged local Club and Meira Paibi to play main role in preventing drug uses in the society.
He further said, after a gap a long period the society today see rise in the Injecting Drug Users (IDUs) in the last 3 to 4 years. Taking the situation with extreme seriousness, Ningthoujam Doren said that if the society fails to prevent the drug users and guide them to the right path there is a possibilities that the one time HIV and AIDS which haunted the state might return.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Painting Competition held to mark “International Day of Biodiversity 2019”
- ‘School PHAGATHANSHI’ campaign only at initial stage; criticism to it is more like killing the baby before birth says Edn. Minister
- Staffs of Catholic schools refutes allegation of molestation to the Principal by KCP-MC
- KIL observes 9th Foundation day We will fight all form of oppression - Memcha
- Man drown in Thoubal River