Imphal, April 18,
Around two to three non locals who were taking shelter as watchmen inside Ima Market were caught cooking meat near Keithel Ima Lairembi temple inside the Ima Keithel by some locals of Sagolband area yesterday evening.
Some locals of Sagolband while enjoying evening walk around the Khwairamband Keithel went to look after they sense smell of cooking meat from the site where Ima Lairembi temple stands inside the Ima Market. They were surprise to see those non local cooking meat without respecting the indigenous goddess of the women’s market. When asked whether they were permitted to cook meat inside the Ima market, the non locals said they didn’t ask about it.
It may be mentioned that vendor ladies of the Khwairamband Keithel had conducted drive against the presence of male in the market complex to safeguard the sanctity of the Ima Keithel. Lately there were reports of non local male selling goods among the women vendors and authority concerned turn blind to the matter most of the time.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Imphal saw mass sit-in-protest for Babysana
- Anti AFSPA crusader Pebam Chittaranjan remembered on 15th Death Anniversary
- 73rd Manipur Independence Day celebrated; Titular king declares he will not participate if two different flags were hoisted
- Manipur observes Patriots’ Day remembering the martyrs
- Floral tribute paid to Bharat Mata along with martyrs on Patriots’ Day; JSCC boycotts RSS from organising events related with Manipur history