Imphal, April 18,
Around two to three non locals who were taking shelter as watchmen inside Ima Market were caught cooking meat near Keithel Ima Lairembi temple inside the Ima Keithel by some locals of Sagolband area yesterday evening.
Some locals of Sagolband while enjoying evening walk around the Khwairamband Keithel went to look after they sense smell of cooking meat from the site where Ima Lairembi temple stands inside the Ima Market. They were surprise to see those non local cooking meat without respecting the indigenous goddess of the women’s market. When asked whether they were permitted to cook meat inside the Ima market, the non locals said they didn’t ask about it.
It may be mentioned that vendor ladies of the Khwairamband Keithel had conducted drive against the presence of male in the market complex to safeguard the sanctity of the Ima Keithel. Lately there were reports of non local male selling goods among the women vendors and authority concerned turn blind to the matter most of the time.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University.
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Road mishap: 2 died in head-on collision between a truck and a two wheeler bike
- DMC students warn to boycott exam
- State lawyers staged protest against mob violence and subsequent assault to a lawyer
- JSCC seize and destroy tobacco products sold in and around Educational institution
- 80 % of mental disorder patients do not consult doctors