Imphal, April 18,
Despite promises for special facilities for People with Disabilities (PWDs) at all polling stations, here in the Inner Manipur Parliamentary Constituency, no such facilities were made available at Polling station No. 20/6 – Young Men’s Development Association at Heirangoithong Maibam Leikai of Langthabal Assembly constituency. An aged disabled lady who had come to cast her vote have to struggle hard all alone in walking to the Polling booth. She came alone on her own expenses from her home which is about 3, 4 Km from the polling station.
During a press conference, CEO Manipur had stated that as per directives of the ECI, Election Machineries in the state has to provide special facilitation of all PWDs who come to cast his or her vote. They have to be assisted by volunteers who are below voting age. Besides transportation, the PwDs are to be awarded some gift and for the state of Manipur the CEO gifted wrist watch and key chain.
At some of the polling stations there are reports of PwDs receiving such facilities. However, Polling station No. 20/6 – Young Men’s Development Association at Heirangoithong Maibam Leikai of Langthabal Assembly constituency no such facilities were made available.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- One more returnee tested positive; Number reached 60
- NPF MLA Awangbou Newmai inducted as Minister in N.Biren Singh led Govt.
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey