From a correspondent
Imphal, April 18,
Re-polling in19 polling stations of Outer Manipur Parliamentary constituency in Manipur was held peacefully today.
Reports received from hill areas said that polling started few minutes after 7 am. At 49/10-Tadubi (A-1) polling station located at Mao Maram higher secondary school under Tadubi Assembly constituency in Manipur’s Senapati district, the repolling was started around 7.50 am due to malfunctioning of the voting machines, sources claimed.
The re-poll is also held at 41/30 Mahoutera polling station in Chandel district.
Thus re-polling was concluded at 11 polling stations in Senapati district, four in Ukhrul district, three in Churachandpur district and one in Chandel district.
The re-poll was necessitated after the returning officer for the Outer Manipur parliamentary constituency recommended for the same following day-long scrutiny of the polling stations in the constituency.
Manipur which is represented by two parliamentary constituencies- Inner Manipur and Outer Manipur (ST reserved).The first phase for Outer Manipur was held on April 11 at 1562 polling stations under 28 Assembly constituencies in Manipur 12 districts.
Latest from ImphalTimes
- NE can learn from big city disaster: Keya Acharya
- Advanced Robotic Surgeries boon for morbidly obese patients
- Mary Kom and Nikhat Zareen have possible semi-final clash as 10 Indians assure medals at India Open 2019
- Women Bring Life to the World
- KCP –MC alleges molestation of three girl students by the Father of Catholic School Canchipur