Imphal, April 17,
Hostel number 2 of the Nursing College of RIMS located inside the RIMS campus was gutted down in a fire mishap today destroying property and important documents of the students.
No casualty was reported in the fire accident which occurred inside RIMS campus Lamphel in Imphal West at around 9.30 in the morning as all the students were attending their routine classes and duty by their teacher during the time of burning.
Around 160 nursing students are staying in the Nursing hostel.
Police and fire fighters took several hours to douse the fire before spreading to nearby structures.
Cause of the fire is not known but report said that the fire might have cause due to electric short circuit.
Speaking to media persons Secretary of Trained Nurses Association of India Th. Binodini said that she along with male security guards and few others tried to save some of the things but was in vain.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Imphal saw mass sit-in-protest for Babysana
- Anti AFSPA crusader Pebam Chittaranjan remembered on 15th Death Anniversary
- 73rd Manipur Independence Day celebrated; Titular king declares he will not participate if two different flags were hoisted
- Manipur observes Patriots’ Day remembering the martyrs
- Floral tribute paid to Bharat Mata along with martyrs on Patriots’ Day; JSCC boycotts RSS from organising events related with Manipur history