Imphal, April 17,
Dr. Koijam Sashikumar stated that as in kidney or urinary tract, stone may be formed within the salivary ducts and salivary glands over the ear and face region; beneath the tongue and upper part of neck region. He further stated that stone formation within the salivary stone may be due to infection of the salivary duct, narrowing of duct, tortuous nature of duct, increase calcium and phosphorous level in the blood, long term use of medications which causes decreased salivary secretion.
If there is formation of stone within the salivary duct and salivary gland, there may be swelling and pain over the face and ear region; and over the upper part of neck region. The swelling may be increased during meals due to increased salivation during meals he added.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Govt. lays foundation stones for improvement of 60 Govt. Schools
- Minister Biswajit stresses on teachers’ role in shaping students’ future
- Minister Jayantakumar Cheques Amounting Rs. 57,50000 Distributed To Five ADCs
- Assam Rifles Celebrates 73rd Independence Day
- ARMY recovers huge cache of Arms and Ammunition in Noney district of Manipur