Imphal April 15,
A complaint against the alleged humiliation of Hindu’s Mythology – epic “Mahabharata’ by the BJP while advertising for election campaign at All Indio Imphal in Manipuri Language has been lodged to the Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) of ECI by one social worker identified as K. Seityajit.
In the complaint letter, Seityajit stated that the election campaign advertisement being broadcasted at AIR Imphal has hurt the sentiments of the Hindus of Manipur and that such is a blatant violation of Model Code of Conduct.
The complaint note stated that the advertisement not only tarnish the image of Kunti, Duryadhona and Sukhani of the Hindu epic Mahabharata but also is injecting communal hatred to the various communities of the state. The advertisement which appeals the people to vote for BJP hurts the sentiment of the Hindus and that the AIR Imphal is giving preferential treatment to the ruling party.
“This is an utter violation of the Model code of Conduct of 17th Lok Sabha Election . 2019”, the complaint note stated and urged the CEC to take up prompt action against the BJP.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University.
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Sit in protest staged against the non availability of Head of Institution; Warns Bishop House to shut the school down if they fail to send the Father
- Anti Repression Day: Army brutalities under the shadow of draconian Act AFSPA highlighted
- Meira Paibis demands CBI enquiry to the stealing of NFSA rice
- State police combs various areas of Greater Imphal
- 15 Foundation day of Working Committee of Apunba Lup held; Need special court to enquire 1528 cases rapidly- Deban