Imphal, April 15,
Mayang Imphal Block Congress Committee has alleged that the BJP had violated the Model Code of Conduct while organizing a public meeting for RK Ranjan, BJP candidate of the Inner PC, at Mayang Imphal Assembly Constituency on April 14.
The Congress alleged that the venue of the meeting was held in the middle of the ‘Public thoroughfare Road’ of Salamat Bazar to Bashei Leikai ( Bengoon Leirak Achouba) blocking commuters on the road side. Chief Minister of Manipur N. Biren Singh and MLA of Mayang Imphal Constituency were among those attending the meeting, Congress said.
It alleged that the meeting was held in total violation of the of the Election Model Code of Conduct of Public meeting with loudspeakers at clause no. 4 (a) as prescribed in the terms and conditions of permit issued by the District Magistrate Imphal West.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- Protest continues demanding arrest of culprits involved in the attack to U. Thoibi
- MARSAC organises workshop on Disaster Management System
- Dead body stealing case: Police arrests prime suspect; LCA relaxes indefinite bandh, to continue agitation
- Dr.Sushildro’s Dental Clinic open; Free Dental Check-Up for Journalists held
- Indo-Myanmar Friendship Tour flagged off