Imphal, April 12,
Tension runs high between villagers of Langthabal Kunja and Langthabal Chingkha and Khoupum over the matter of ritual related function here in Imphal west. Villagers of Langthabal Kunja said that both the villagers of Langthabal Chingkha and Khoupum are boycotted from today morning after they weren’t allowed to perform religious ceremony (Lai Ekoukhatpa) at Langthabal Chingkha allegedly by its villagers.
Speaking to media persons at Langthabal Khoupum, Secretary of Langthabal Khoupum Cultural Club Pousing Golmei clarified that their village has been made victim because of the conflict between the two in which they aren’t responsible.
He added that the social boycott towards them is a violation of human rights. He further said that this has caused a lot of trouble to the people and the students in the daily works.
He finally appealed to all the authorities and the CSOs to solve the problem at the earliest.
Jeet Akoijam, Resident Editor of Imphal Times hails from Singjamei Liwa Road. Has been with Imphal Times since its start. A regular Trekker and Nature Lover, loves spending time in lap of Mother Nature. Jeet is the father of two lovely kids.
Latest from Jeet Akoijam
- VDF utilized for digging of 1000 pits inside Kangla
- Overdraft is due to the failure of State government’s policies: ACOAM LUP
- Daniel Chabungbam of Poknapham among the 7 best NE Journalist chosen by Guwahati based organization
- Myanmar Delegates visit SKY Hospital
- YFPHR denounces re-commencement for construction of Imphal Railway Station at Sagoltongba