Wildlife and Biodiversity Conservation Committee (WBCC) Manipur today expressed shock over the rise of cutting sibling plants at hill area of the state for mining stones by big businessmen.
A team of the WBCC while inspecting the periphery of Tentha Thambal Chingya and Ikop Pat in Thoubal district and Thambal Chingya and Lamyeng Ching in Kakching district found the condition of the area in deteriorating condition.
Secretary General, of WBCC N.Romes while talking to media persons said that some people are earning money by mining the hill area at Tentha Thambal Chingya.
If this continues then there is a fear of serious threat to our natural environment, he said.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- To which hill has the state government’s “Go to Hill” policy gone?
- Dolaithabi Barrage fails: farmers decry as paddy field remain dry
- Class 7 Student found hanging in her hostel room at Standard Robarth Higher Sec. School Canchipur
- Protest continues demanding arrest of culprits involved in the attack to U. Thoibi
- MARSAC organises workshop on Disaster Management System