Imphal, April 11,
Wildlife and Biodiversity Conservation Committee (WBCC) Manipur in association with the DFO Thoubal have released 4 pigeons and a tortoise to safe area.
A statement by WBCC Secretary General Thokchom Romes said that on March 11, 4 pigeons were saved from bird hunters by Inganglok Nongpok Ningthou Panthoibi Youth Club (INNYC) Heirok Part-3 and handed over to WBCC. WBBC treated the four pigeons for 29 days and finally handed over to Divisional Forest Officer, Thoubal, L.Debala and released on safe area.
Along with those pigeons, a tortoise handed over by Louriyambam Harichandra Singh of Tentha khunou Maning Leikai on April 7 to the WBBC had also been release.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- To which hill has the state government’s “Go to Hill” policy gone?
- Dolaithabi Barrage fails: farmers decry as paddy field remain dry
- Class 7 Student found hanging in her hostel room at Standard Robarth Higher Sec. School Canchipur
- Protest continues demanding arrest of culprits involved in the attack to U. Thoibi
- MARSAC organises workshop on Disaster Management System