Imphal, April 10,
The National Executive Council (NEC) meeting of AIFUCTO (All India Federation of University & College Teachers’ Organisations) and Seminar on the topic “Present Scenario of Higher Education in India and Future Prospects” was held on 6th and 7th April, 2019 at Swarna Jayanti Hall, Mohan Lal Sukhadia University, Udaipur, Rajasthan. The two day programme was hosted by Sukhadia University Teachers’ Association (SUTA) and Rajasthan University and College Teachers’ Association (RUCTA), and the event was inaugurated by Prof. Indravardhan Trivedi, former Vice Chancellor of Mohan Lal Sukhadia (MLS) University as the Chief Guest of the seminar. NEC members from all over the country participated in the seminar. The seminar was chaired by the Vice-Chancellor of MLS University, Prof. J.P.Sharma.
Federation of Central University Teachers’ Associations & DUTA President, Prof. Rajiv Ray was the Keynote Speaker. Prof. Keshab Bhattacharya, President, AIFUCTO; Prof. Arun Kumar, General Secretary, AIFUCTO; Prof. Vijay Ary, General Secretary, RUCTA; Prof. Pradeep Parashar, Zonal Secretary, AIFUCTO; Dr. Devendra Singh Rathore, President, SUTA; Dr. Giriraj Singh, Joint Secretaries - Dr. Harish, Dr. Nadeem Chisty, Dr. Praveen Pandya and delegates from other states participated in the discussions and expressed their views about the present scenario and future prospects of Higher Education of India. All the speakers vehemently criticized the Current Higher Education policy of the Central Government and cautioned that if the lacuna are not redressed, it would be disastrous for the future of India.
On Second day (07.04.2019), NEC meeting was held. The NEC of AIFUCTO expressed its grave concern on the attitude and action initiated by the Central Government to dismantle the whole set up of education, especially the higher education in favour of corporate and private players. The NEC opined that the government, on the direction of NITI Aayog, has decided to mortgage the Higher Education of India in the hands of national and international corporations on the dictates of WTO.
The resolutions of the NEC are summarised as -
1. AIFUCTO unanimously resolved to call upon the teaching fraternity of India, especially the University & College teachers to support & vote in favour of those parties/candidates who are ready to support the following issues.
a) To save and strengthen public funded education system;
c) Permanent appointments on all vacant posts;
d) Implementation of Old Pension Scheme;
e) Absorption of all adhoc teachers & Implementation of service condition and pay scale for the Part-time, Guest and Block grants teachers;
f) Withdrawal of HEFA, Graded Autonomy etc.
2. The AIFUCTO - NEC condemned the suspension and arbitrary transfer of Teacher Leaders in Tamil Nadu, who participated in the state-wide JACTTO-GEO (Joint Action Committee of Teacher Organisations & Government Employees Organisations) Indefinite Strike insisting the Implementation of Old Pension Scheme and other demands. AIFUCTO demands the Hon’ble Chief Minister and Education Minister of Tamilnadu to revoke the transfer of TNGCTA and other Teacher Leaders immediately.
3. AIFUCTO also resolved to request the Chief Minsters of Punjab, Himachal Pradesh, West Bengal and Manipur to implement the 7th UGC Pay Scale, failing which the State Organisations of the respective states will be compelled to start campaigning against the respective governments of these states during the Lok Sabha Election and to launch movements after the Election.
AIFUCTO National Executive Council calls upon the University & College teachers across the country to initiate well organized and united action during the current Lok Sabha Election for the cause of “Save Campus, Save Education, Save Nation”.
Rabi Takhellambam, a resident of Kairembikhok Mayai Leikai, ThoubaI District has been in the field of Journalism for more than 10 years. Rabi, is well known for his reporting from Thoubal side and Indo-Myanmar border. Rabi is also a member of All Manipur Working Journalist Union, the parent body of Journalist Union in Manipur.
Latest from Rabi Takhellambam
- AIPPC submits memorandum NRC Chief for inclusion of Indigenous people of Barak Valley
- Painting Competition held to mark “International Day of Biodiversity 2019”
- ‘School PHAGATHANSHI’ campaign only at initial stage; criticism to it is more like killing the baby before birth says Edn. Minister
- Staffs of Catholic schools refutes allegation of molestation to the Principal by KCP-MC
- KIL observes 9th Foundation day We will fight all form of oppression - Memcha