Huge amount of Indian made foreign liquors and country liquors which will approximately amount around Rs 23, 74,965 which was seized in connection with the 17th Lok Sabha Election. The seized liquors were burnt and destroyed inside the Excise Department, Lamphel.
Speaking to media Persons Deputy Superintendent of Police of Excise Department Th.Imo said that around 425 raids were conducted mainly in both the two districts of Imphal and some parts of Thoubal area. He added that 325 cases detected and arrested 325 persons. He further said that amount of fine imposed was Rs 4,09,950.
It can be mentioned that dry day was also declared on the two election days of Lok Sabha by the Excise Department, which is on April 11 and April 18, where there will be no exemptions including security personnel. Also, the Excise department had intensified drive to check flow of liquor in the state as part of measures being taken by the election authority to ensure smooth conduct of free, fair and peaceful election.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. In his spare time, he teaches kids from his locality. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University. Chingkheinganba is available via email at [email protected]
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- MSAD annual magazine ‘MAHEIROI’ formally released for Manipur
- International Mother Language Day organised
- Okram Joy threatens to throng at assembly if house fails to recognise Sanamahi as minority religion
- Concerned Citizens staged cycle rally for Freedom of Speech
- MUSU form committee to restructure crumbling Academic Environment of Manipur University