Imphal March 31,
A disciplinary proceeding has been initiated against Inspector T Sanatomba Singh of CID(SB) and placed under suspension in connection with the custodial death of Constable Md. Manjur Ahmad, 34 years S/o Late Mv Bashir of Yairipok Ningthounai, posted at Reserve Line, Imphal East.
Also a Magisterial inquiry has been ordered in connection with the custodial death and the inquiry will be headed by the District Magistrate, Imphal East District.
Constable Manjur Ahmad was arrested in connection with the escape of L Nando from JNIMS Hospital. Manjur Ahmad was placed under suspension on March 12 on the charge that he was related with Nando and a voice recording being found in one of the mobile phones possessed by him. He died due to action of the Police during interrogation.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Technological Determinism: Privacy vs. Surveillance
- Tackling Workplace Unethical Behaviour
- Minister Letpao inspects Molcham PS in Indo-Myanmar border, distributes essential items to adjoining area
- More Manipuri residents return from Delhi and Bengaluru in special train
- JFA mourns untimely demise of journalist Pijush Das