Imphal March 20,
“Extra Judicial Execution Victim Families Association Manipur (EEVFAM) along with different civil Society Organisations will launched an intense agitation to bring justice to fake encounters victims”, says Edina, secretary of the Association.
After that 42 cases were investigated by CBI where 9 of the cases were charge sheeted, she added. She further said that out of the 9 cases eight cases were still going on without any prosecution sanction but one case from Thoubal can’t go further due to the lack of prosecution sanction.
Edina further asked to the authorities to either clarify that prosecution sanction is not necessary or if necessary let the authority issue the prosecution sanction.
The meeting was attended by General Secretary of EEVFAM Edina Yaikhom, President of Nupi Samaj Ema Ramani and Co-convenor of MANPAC Ningthouja Lancha as the dais member.
Chingkheinganba has been a journalist for more than 4+ years and is popular among the team for his reporting style. He and his parents reside in Singjamei Chingamakha Kshetri Leikai . He holds a Masters Degree in Mass Communication from Manipur University.
Latest from Salam Chingkheinganba
- Babysana death case: JAC shut down Thangmeiband area; threatens all Manipur bandh on July 24
- Students learn and appeared exam without any teachers; Irate student staged sit-in-protest
- Sit-in-protest staged against the mysterious death of N. Babysana; JAC says the minor girl was murdered
- Vehicle fallen at Imphal River recovered
- Volunteers of MPCC staged sit-in-protest against price hike