Imphal, March 19,
The unsettled dispute between the Catholic run school and an armed group is not about the denial of the school authority in admitting students but the school authority’s disrespect to the agreement made between the armed group and the authority to accommodate 10 children each from the family of the victims of armed conflict as agreed earlier, said Maoist Communist party Manipur (MCPM).
A statement of the outfit said that till today the school authority had not convened any meeting with the Students’ bodies and CSOs of the state to solve the dispute , which meant that the Catholic school society neither have respect for the Armed rebel group or for the students of the states. The attitude also showed that the Catholic schools which comes from outside the state have no regards for the students’ bodies as well as the CSOs of the state, the statement added.
Except for demand to implement the agreed point for reservation of the children of armed no letter as been submitted to the Catholic society, the Maoist said.
It further claimed that Lanchenba group of KCP and the PWG along with their cadre had fired rounds of gun shot at the gate of St. Josheph but they concealed the incident without letting it known to anyone. The Manipur Maoist had also recalled on the IED planted by PWG at the Catholic school.
The statement said that the three outfit, KCP- PWG, Lanchenba group of KCP and the Maoist are ready to response to the attitude of the Catholic School. It said all works related with catholic School will be put to halt if fails to tender apology to the people and also to the parties. The statement however said that it will band on teachers, non-teaching staffs and school van , however it will not interfere the students.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- CM co-chaired MoS Home GK Reddy in Security review meeting held ahead of the final settlement with NSCN-IM
- We definitely want a solution of the NSCN-IM and that could be empowering the ADCs
- UCM says ‘No’ to Pan Naga Cultural Body, Autonomous Naga Council or extension of Article 371(A) to Manipur
- Any settlement with the NSCN-IM that may hurt the sentiment of the People will not be tolerated – MPCC
- Union MoS Home K Reddy greeted with slogans to protect territorial integrity of Manipur