Lamkang Naga Kver Kunpun (LNKK), the apex body of Lamkang Tribe expressed displeasure over the report of Assam Rifles portraying NSCN-IM as kidnapper and alleging of kidnapping a woman on 13th March, 2019.
In a press statement, the LNKK stated that based on the clarification made by the Village Authority of Thamlakuren and family members, Mrs. Kh. Peileng was not kidnapped by the NSCN – IM cadres but picked up for interrogating in connection with her involvement in a drug peddling case.
Having received information about drug trafficking in the vicinity of Thamlakuren Village, the cadres of NSCN – IM picked up Mrs. Kh. Peileng from her residence for interrogation.
However, before releasing her, the associates of Mrs. Kh. Peileng reported it to the Indian Security Forces and the Assam Rifles raided the spot, added the LNKK.
While advocating any actions to reprimand drug traffickers for drug free society, the LNKK also expressed its displeasure over the report of Assam Rifles portraying NSCN- IM as kidnapper.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- Minister Shyamkumar distributes vegetable seeds to 32 selected farmers of 12 districts
- Shirui Lily Festival – Shechef celebrates with a cause
- Nazareth to rock the opening day Shirui Lily festival, Extreme band to perform on October 19
- Neurosurgery ward inaugurated at JNIMS; Foundation stone for 18 private Wards laid
- Nemcha Kipgen Signs MOI with Government of Bangladesh