Lamkang Naga Kver Kunpun (LNKK), the apex body of Lamkang Tribe expressed displeasure over the report of Assam Rifles portraying NSCN-IM as kidnapper and alleging of kidnapping a woman on 13th March, 2019.
In a press statement, the LNKK stated that based on the clarification made by the Village Authority of Thamlakuren and family members, Mrs. Kh. Peileng was not kidnapped by the NSCN – IM cadres but picked up for interrogating in connection with her involvement in a drug peddling case.
Having received information about drug trafficking in the vicinity of Thamlakuren Village, the cadres of NSCN – IM picked up Mrs. Kh. Peileng from her residence for interrogation.
However, before releasing her, the associates of Mrs. Kh. Peileng reported it to the Indian Security Forces and the Assam Rifles raided the spot, added the LNKK.
While advocating any actions to reprimand drug traffickers for drug free society, the LNKK also expressed its displeasure over the report of Assam Rifles portraying NSCN- IM as kidnapper.
Latest from Maheshwar Gurumayum
- Assam Rifles conducts anti drug awareness drive
- Horticulture Dept sends ginger consignment to a Delhi Company
- CM, IPR Minister Visits AMWJU President, wishes him speedy recovery
- Youth Congress staged protest against price hike on LPG Cylinder
- Assam Rifles celebrates Luira Phanit and organises community service