Lamkang Naga Kver Kunpun (LNKK), the apex body of Lamkang Tribe expressed displeasure over the report of Assam Rifles portraying NSCN-IM as kidnapper and alleging of kidnapping a woman on 13th March, 2019.
Having received information about drug trafficking in the vicinity of Thamlakuren Village, the cadres of NSCN – IM picked up Mrs. Kh. Peileng from her residence for interrogation.
However, before releasing her, the associates of Mrs. Kh. Peileng reported it to the Indian Security Forces and the Assam Rifles raided the spot, added the LNKK.
While advocating any actions to reprimand drug traffickers for drug free society, the LNKK also expressed its displeasure over the report of Assam Rifles portraying NSCN- IM as kidnapper.
William Gurumayum, Sub-Editor of Imphal Times is a resident of Sagolband Salam Leikai. He has been with Imphal Times since beginning. A avid adventure lover, writes mostly travelogue.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- 8th Annual Regional Principals’ Conference of KV Sangathan, Tinsukia Region begins at Imphal
- Assam Rifles commemorates Kargil Vijay Diwas
- CM distributes CMHT cards to journalists; Hands over appointment order to Th. Chinglensana
- CM inaugurates new building of Horticulture Department; ‘Horticulture sector key to state’s economic prosperity’
- CM N. Biren shares pains of Assam