Lamkang Naga Kver Kunpun (LNKK), the apex body of Lamkang Tribe expressed displeasure over the report of Assam Rifles portraying NSCN-IM as kidnapper and alleging of kidnapping a woman on 13th March, 2019.
In a press statement, the LNKK stated that based on the clarification made by the Village Authority of Thamlakuren and family members, Mrs. Kh. Peileng was not kidnapped by the NSCN – IM cadres but picked up for interrogating in connection with her involvement in a drug peddling case.
Having received information about drug trafficking in the vicinity of Thamlakuren Village, the cadres of NSCN – IM picked up Mrs. Kh. Peileng from her residence for interrogation.
However, before releasing her, the associates of Mrs. Kh. Peileng reported it to the Indian Security Forces and the Assam Rifles raided the spot, added the LNKK.
While advocating any actions to reprimand drug traffickers for drug free society, the LNKK also expressed its displeasure over the report of Assam Rifles portraying NSCN- IM as kidnapper.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- More Than 200 Signatures for Removal of Present Manipur State Women Commission Chairperson
- Assam Rifles seize drugs worth 57 lakhs in Pallel
- CM inspects solid waste treatment plant at Lamdeng Khunou
- Minister Nemcha Kipgen disburse funds of MOAP received though GTV
- Director General AR visits Moreh battalion