Imphal, March 16,
In its strategy to make sure that congress retain its seat in the two parliamentary constituency of the state, the Congress party is likely to nominate new candidate by replacing both the seating MPs. Dr. Th. Meinya and Thangso Baite may not be the party candidate this time, said a highly place source. The source however did not disclosed on who will be the candidate.
“It is up to the AICC to chose the candidate for contesting in both the parliamentary constituency but as desire by the Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee, it is likely that the AICC might nominate new face from among the party ticket seeker”, said a source.
However, another source said that as for the inner constituency Dr. Meinya still have high probability of contesting the MP election as congress candidate as he is being supported by many AICC leaders.
The source confirms that the party will announce who will contest in the upcoming parliamentary election on March 20 or a day after.
AICC president Rahul Gandhi is coming to the state to kick start campaign for the congress party.
A public meeting is likely to organised on March 20, but state congress authority still did not announced on where the meeting will be conducted.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- CM co-chaired MoS Home GK Reddy in Security review meeting held ahead of the final settlement with NSCN-IM
- We definitely want a solution of the NSCN-IM and that could be empowering the ADCs
- UCM says ‘No’ to Pan Naga Cultural Body, Autonomous Naga Council or extension of Article 371(A) to Manipur
- Any settlement with the NSCN-IM that may hurt the sentiment of the People will not be tolerated – MPCC
- Union MoS Home K Reddy greeted with slogans to protect territorial integrity of Manipur