Imphal, March 16,
In its strategy to make sure that congress retain its seat in the two parliamentary constituency of the state, the Congress party is likely to nominate new candidate by replacing both the seating MPs. Dr. Th. Meinya and Thangso Baite may not be the party candidate this time, said a highly place source. The source however did not disclosed on who will be the candidate.
“It is up to the AICC to chose the candidate for contesting in both the parliamentary constituency but as desire by the Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee, it is likely that the AICC might nominate new face from among the party ticket seeker”, said a source.
However, another source said that as for the inner constituency Dr. Meinya still have high probability of contesting the MP election as congress candidate as he is being supported by many AICC leaders.
The source confirms that the party will announce who will contest in the upcoming parliamentary election on March 20 or a day after.
AICC president Rahul Gandhi is coming to the state to kick start campaign for the congress party.
A public meeting is likely to organised on March 20, but state congress authority still did not announced on where the meeting will be conducted.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Around 85 persons from Manipur suspected to have attend the religious congregation at Delhi’s Nizamuddin; CM appeals to come forward for testing
- PPFA insists on self- conscience during Covid-19 pandemic
- Fighting COVID-19; Health Advisory needs to be reviewed
- An appeal to the public of Manipur from a Manipuri Doctor working in UK
- Reflections in the shadow of Covid19