Imphal, March 16
Tulihal Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) observed World Consumer Rights Day at Leimapokpam Public High School, Leimapokpam on 15 March.
Students are the building blocks of any society and hence they need to be educated on the social issues. One of the important issues is, the consumer rights which normally remains unheeded, hence with the aim of raising awareness about the consumer rights and needs, an Interactive lecture on the occasion was organsied for the students. The lecture witnessed attendance over 150 students of Leimapokpam Public High School.
The students were informed about the theme of the World Consumer Rights Day 2019 which is “Trusted Smart Products”. The students were also made aware about the various ways in which consumers are exploited such as adulteration, sub-standard items, under weighing and under measurement.
In the end students were also educated about the “Consumer Protection Act” and various means to prevent exploitation such as purchasing ISI/Agmark products, obtaining bill of the purchased items and to approach consumer forum for redressal of consumer grievances.
The program was concluded with word of thanks by the School Staff. They also appreciated the kind gesture of the Assam Rifles in reaching out to them and hoped that this effort would go a long way in further cementing the bond between the people of Manipur and the forces and reaffirming the faith of the people in Assam Rifles as “Friends of Manipur”.
Latest from William Gurumayum
- ‘Apprenticeship training is one of the efficient ways to develop skilled Manpower’
- Education Minister launches comic textbook on Environmental Studies
- Minister Shyamkumar distributes vegetable seeds to 32 selected farmers of 12 districts
- Shirui Lily Festival – Shechef celebrates with a cause
- Nazareth to rock the opening day Shirui Lily festival, Extreme band to perform on October 19