Imphal, March 14,
State Level Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC) and State Level Media Certification Committee have been constituted by an order issued by Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Manipur, in respect of Manipur State for the ensuing 17th Lok Sabha Election, 2019.
The State Level Media Certification and Monitoring Committee (MCMC) consist of seven members led by Chief Electoral Officer (CEO), Manipur, P. K. Singh as Chairman and Addl. CEO, Manipur, T. Ranjit Singh as Member Secretary. An Observer appointed by ECI; Director (IPR), H. Balkrisna Singh; Station Director, AIR, Imphal, Dilip Mayengbam; Sr. Consultant (SEMT), Manipur, Bankimchandra Maisnam and PCI Nominated – Independent Journalist / Citizen are the members of the committee.
The State Level Media Certification Committee is headed by the Addl. CEO, Manipur as the Chairperson. Returning Officer, Inner Manipur Parliamentary Constituency (DEO – Imphal West) and Station Director, AIR, Imphal, Dilip Mayengbam are the members of the committee.
Political parties, Candidates and any other interested individuals may contact the committees for any information related to media certification and other related matters.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- MU in dire straits –Part 5: Discrepancies exposed in awarding of publicity and media related works for 105th ISC
- Manipur University in dire straits –Part -4: 49 contract staffs appointed at MU during Administrator Jarnail Singh’s era; MU community’s silence over its legitimacy
- The way forward towards civility
- Manipur University in Dire Straits (Part -3) Violating Rule 150 & 155 of the GFR, MU procured over 17 lakhs worth equipments
- Earlier it was outlaws, then the govt. Machineries, Now the CSOs started infringing to media freedom