Imphal March 11
As the date for the upcoming Lok Sabha election was declared yesterday, the Model Code of Conduct has been enforced in the state since yesterday till the end of the election and also the drive to remove various poster and banners in public places has also begun yesterday.
Speaking to Media persons at Lamphel DC complex Chief Electoral Officer Naorem Praveen said that expenditure monitoring teams have been activated and 39 flying squads are put functional just after the declaration of election date. He added that all the banners and postures have been started removing and will finish removing from the public places by 5 in the evening today.
He added that the number of polling stations in Imphal West is 524 and all the stations were inspected and the requirements were discussed to ensure the facilities before the election. He added that 26 polling stations with only female polling parties will be open in all the Inner parliamentary constituency with 2 stations each in one assembly segments. A model polling station will also open at each of the 13 assembly segments.
Naorem Praveen further appealed the people to download the cVIGIL app and give any complaints through a mobile application regarding the violation of model code of conduct to the CEO ensuring free and fair election. He added that voter slip alone will not eligible to cast vote from this election unlike previous years. The voters need to show their EPIC for their identification or other related 11 documents for identification.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Road safety in Manipur: A need to plug fatal gaps
- Truth, sincerity and commitment with reasonable action is the only way left now Mr. Chief Minister
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today