Imphal, March 9,
Manipur People’s Party strongly condemned the bomb threat to the party. Denouncing the bomb threat ,Manipur People’s Party which is the oldest regional party of the state today staged sit-in-protest in front of the Party office.
Speaking to media person President of MPP O. Jugindro said that yesterday around 4.25 in the evening two unknown person came at the office and handed a grenade to the party general secretary administration H.Geetajen. Jugindro expressed strong condemnation to such attack and appealed not to repeat such act.
Jugindro further said that the party has been witnessing several death of its party members. At least seven leaders of the party were killed including chief minister Yangmaso Shaiza, their advisor Ch. Akaba. But unfortunately he added that no culprits were caught. He also said that killing the leaders of the party has hurled the development of the party. Such act has made the people afraid in joining the party and participates in politics by joining it. He further appeal not to repeat such an inhumane act and such act is considered as a challenge to the people of Manipur.
Since the inception of MPP, the party has been focusing on various issues of the state especially in safeguarding the territorial integrity, he added. He asserted that the party has been working for the welfare of the people and for the state even risking their lives.
Jugindro further questioned who will be the next to be killed from the party. He also asked the people to think the consequences of the state if the oldest regional party of the state vanishes. He also said that the party always respects the feedback and the grievances for their work. But such a threat is highly condemnable, he added.
Jugindro also said that the security given to the party isn’t adequate; he appealed the government to provide more security personnel.
Finally he concluded to not repeat such an act which threatened and discouraged the party.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- No timeframe for solution of Naga Issue in Governor Ravi’s Address to Assembly
- Hope for the common people; Hopefully the lady IPS officer understands how the common people suffer traveling on Imphal-Moreh road
- Manipur University in Dire Straits – (Part -2) MU authority dishonours RTI Act; Provide false information in connection with expenditure of 105 Indian Science Congress
- 6 more major rebel group call 12 hours total shut down on Republic Day
- Fate of Manipur University in dire straits; More irregularities found (Part -1)