Imphal, March 9,
In a clear instance of leading by example, Governor of Manipur Dr. Najma Heptulla has moved her voting constituency to Imphal, her present place of residence. She was earlier enrolled in New Delhi. She is now enrolled in the Sagolband Assembly Constituency. Dr. Heptulla will now cast her vote at 11/34 Old Lambulane (B) polling station. Speaking about her move, the Governor of Manipur said, “It is only natural that I move my constituency since Imphal has been my place of residence for some years now. Moreover, I identify with the place as I continue to learn more and more about the state and its people. I am proud to say that I am ready to vote in the upcoming parliamentary elections in Imphal.”
P.K. Singh Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) said that the Governor’s move can be considered a good sign of being a responsible citizen as it is the responsibility of a citizen to move her vote and not waste it when relocated to a new place. In India millions of people constantly relocate to other parts of their state or the country on account of job, business, study, marriage or other reasons, he added.
The Election Commission of India has even launched a National Campaign recently titled “It’s so easy” to encourage people to move their vote to their present place of residence. Incidentally the campaign was conceptualized and designed by CEO Manipur, as mandated by the Election Commission of India.
P.K. Singh, Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) handed over the EPIC to the Governor in presence of Shri N. Praveen Singh, DC/DEO Imphal West
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Combating Covid-19 pandemic by empowering the youth
- Even though cracks between NPP and BJP stitched, Joykumar unlikely to accept the reallocated portfolios unless offered the one he desire
- ‘We don’t procure sub-standard mask, we encourage hand made three-layers masks under the Ministry’s guideline’
- Conquering the art of bloody politics
- Cracks between NPP and BJP stitched; Deputy CM Yumnam Joykumar re-allocated with Finance portfolio
Shougaijam Norendro Singh Saturday, 09 March 2019 20:59 Comment Link
Good citizenship symptom