Imphal March 8,
As a part of the world wide celebration for international women’s day today mothers of Khwairamband Ema Keithel, Women action for development, Women committee united NGOs Mission Manipur jointly organised it honouring the brave mothers of Khwairamband Ema Keithel at Khwairamband Keithel under the theme think equal build smart innovative for change.
Speaking in a key note address Thingujam Rani secretary of Khwairamband Keithel Sinfam Amadi Saktam Kanba Lup said that the women of Manipur has been taking a vital role of the society during the monarchy era way before the women’s day was declared internationally.
She added that the women of Manipur have fought the mighty colonial British Empire and such events were well marked in the history.
Roni also said that as a policy to curtail the insurgency movement in the state the central government has been implementing the draconian law AFSPA killing many people. The mothers and the women has been taking a huge role in protesting against such law. Many of the important issues of the state and movements were spearheaded by the Manipuri women.
She also highlighted the histories of various women uprising for equal wages and equal voting rights leading to the marking of the day as international women’s day.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- State Assembly Session : House Passed demands for six departments
- SCERT embeds Assembly session as an excuse for disregarding Manipur Information Commission
- Be cautious; of the 30 countries affected by Novel Coronavirus no case reported from Myanmar
- Finally, MHRD seeks President’s approval for removal of Manipur University VC AP Pandey
- Government Aided School Employees threaten to commit suicide for revised pay