Imphal, March 7,
JAC formed against the brutal killing of Assistant Professor Angom Ingocha has warned various forms of agitations if the government fails to fulfill demands of Chakpa Phayeng Semgatpa Lup submitted through a memorandum to CM N Biren within three days.
Regarding the murder of Angom Ingocha s/o Angom Omor of Phayeng Sabal Leikai at Sikkim Ranipur area on the intervening night of March 2 and 3, the JAC has been demanding to transfer the case here in Manipur. They are also demanding suitable compensation to the family of the deceased. The demands of the JAC also include providing a suitable job to the wife or son of the deceased.
Speaking to media co-convenor of the JAC Ningthoujam Popilal urged the government to take up initiatives to deliver justice to the family at the earliest and to fulfill their demands within the next three days, failing which, he warned that various forms of intensified agitations will be launched. He also appealed to all CSOs and women action groups to support the family in receiving justice.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- No timeframe for solution of Naga Issue in Governor Ravi’s Address to Assembly
- Hope for the common people; Hopefully the lady IPS officer understands how the common people suffer traveling on Imphal-Moreh road
- Manipur University in Dire Straits – (Part -2) MU authority dishonours RTI Act; Provide false information in connection with expenditure of 105 Indian Science Congress
- 6 more major rebel group call 12 hours total shut down on Republic Day
- Fate of Manipur University in dire straits; More irregularities found (Part -1)