Imphal, March 7,
JAC formed against the brutal killing of Assistant Professor Angom Ingocha has warned various forms of agitations if the government fails to fulfill demands of Chakpa Phayeng Semgatpa Lup submitted through a memorandum to CM N Biren within three days.
Regarding the murder of Angom Ingocha s/o Angom Omor of Phayeng Sabal Leikai at Sikkim Ranipur area on the intervening night of March 2 and 3, the JAC has been demanding to transfer the case here in Manipur. They are also demanding suitable compensation to the family of the deceased. The demands of the JAC also include providing a suitable job to the wife or son of the deceased.
Speaking to media co-convenor of the JAC Ningthoujam Popilal urged the government to take up initiatives to deliver justice to the family at the earliest and to fulfill their demands within the next three days, failing which, he warned that various forms of intensified agitations will be launched. He also appealed to all CSOs and women action groups to support the family in receiving justice.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- NPF MLA Awangbou Newmai inducted as Minister in N.Biren Singh led Govt.
- COVID-19 case in Manipur : Positive cases reach 55, building complex in Imphal East declared as containment zone
- During lockdown each family in Thanlon AC gets 75 kg of rice plus dal
- Manie’s award winning cinematic journey
- Government issues fresh SOP: Flight passengers to be quarantined