Imphal March 5,
Tribal Market Vendors Association (TMVA) warned intense agitation if the government fails to remove the Chairman of the Management Committee of Tribal Market New Lambulane who is also the Director of Tribal Affairs’ and Hills from his post by 10th of March this year.
Speaking to media person at the complex of the Tribal market New Lambulane, Rebecca Vaite Treasurer of TMVA termed the chairman as ‘irresponsible’ saying that he fail to render his duty as the responsible person of the Market by neglecting it for a long time.
She recalled that a sit-in-protest had also been staged for not taking out the garbage that piles up in the dustbin of the market shed.
Focusing on the issue of selecting members of management committee Rebecca said that the government has issued a notification to enlist 9 vendors of the market for the management committee but surprisingly 10 non vendors were selected as members of the management. She added that as the government fails to review the non vendors they have gone to the court for justice.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today
- Is there any way forward that the Meitei, Naga and Kuki jointly resist CAB from a common platform
- Enigma of Unique Histories