Imphal, March 5,
Tribal Affairs & Hills Minister N. Kayisii inaugurated two mortuary vans at the office premises of Directorate of Tribal Affairs and Hills in Imphal today. Kayisii said that the scheme will benefit poor tribals of the state for transportation of dead bodies from hospital to their respective homes. The two vehicles are added to the existing service today due to high public demand of the service as well as the unserviceable condition of the old vehicles, he added.
According to officials, over 1000 dead bodies have been transported in the last 30 years from Imphal to their respective villages and cemeteries for burial. Under Mobile Dispensary cum Mortuary Van Project which has been operational since 2004, a gypsy Ambulance and a Mortuary Van-TATA 407 were used for transportation of dead bodies from hospital to home, officials said.
TA & Hills Department has laid down several conditions for availing the scheme. As per the scheme/condition, only a tribal of Manipur can avail the scheme. Fuel charges as well as food and lodging for the driver- if the need arises, has to be borned by the family concern. It also stipulated a guarantor to sign an undertaking for the safe return of the vehicle.
The scheme can be availed by contacting L. Rajendro Singh, Deputy Director-TA & Hills at the following numbers-7005215911 or 9402679913.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- State Assembly Session : House Passed demands for six departments
- SCERT embeds Assembly session as an excuse for disregarding Manipur Information Commission
- Be cautious; of the 30 countries affected by Novel Coronavirus no case reported from Myanmar
- Finally, MHRD seeks President’s approval for removal of Manipur University VC AP Pandey
- Government Aided School Employees threaten to commit suicide for revised pay