Imphal March 5,
Thoubal Battalion of 9 Sector Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) organised an Awareness Drive on HIV/AIDS at Lungthoram Village of Kamjong District on 04 March 2019. The awareness drive was organised by Upper Khoripok Company Operating Base with an aim to educate and raise awareness on HIV/AIDS among the locals. The educational drive incorporated an enlightening lecture by the Unit Nursing Assistant on HIV AIDS which was later followed by an interactive session during which all the queries raised by participants were answered.
The event witnessed participation by over 100 villagers from the area including ladies & children. The participants were educated on the causes, symptoms of HIV/ AIDS alongwith preventive measures. They were also acquainted with various health schemes launched by the Government of India regarding HIV/AIDS. The event concluded with tea and refreshments for all the attendees. The villagers sincerely acknowledged efforts by the Assam Rifles for regularly undertaking such educational drives and thereby contribute in creating a healthier society.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes
- MANPAC re-launches agitation against CAB; Khwairamband Keithel ladies stage anti- CAB protest; 18 hours bandh to begin from midnight today
- Is there any way forward that the Meitei, Naga and Kuki jointly resist CAB from a common platform
- Enigma of Unique Histories