Imphal, Feb. 27,
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh today launched La-Bike, a mobile laboratory system fitted on Motorcycle, which would provide diagnostic facilities at people’s doorstep of the State. The launching function was held at the Main Auditorium of JNIMS, Imphal East.
Speaking as Chief Guest of the function, Chief Minister said that the La-Bike has already started in some states of the country. Such portable equipment would be facilitating its laboratory services at the doorsteps of the people living in the remote and hilly areas of the State, he added. He mentioned that such laboratory service would be available at the existing 85 PHCs of the state. For the first phase, a total of 20 La-Bike is being provided in 20 PHCs located at hill and valley districts of the State. The La-Bike would be provided in the remaining 65 PHCs soon, he added.
Chief Minister stated that the government is planning to establish a Cancer hospital which would ease the woes of the cancer patients of the State. The present government has initiated new schemes which are ‘human oriented’ such as Go to Village, Go to Hills, CMHT, free diagnostics facilities etc. for the welfare of the people of the State, he added. He appealed the doctors and medical practitioners of the state to deliver selfless service and uphold the people’s trust in government hospitals.
On the occasion, Chief Minister also laid the foundation stones for the construction of Ladies Hostel-2, Gents Hostel- 3 and Infectious Disease Centre at JNIMS.
Minister for Health and family Welfare L. Jayantakumar Singh, Chairman of MSPDCL L. Susindro, MLA N. Indrajit, Chief Secretary Dr. J. Suresh Babu, Principal Secretary (Health) V. Vumlunmang, Director Health Services Dr. K. Rajo, Director JNIMS Dr. Th. Bhimo, State Mission Director (National Health Mission) Dr. S. Manikanta Singh, faculties and students of JNIMS attended the function.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate