Imphal Feb 27,
The Secular Democratic Front, Manipur comprising of 8 political parties namely JDS, NCP, TMC, DBSP, RJSP, AAP, SP and MPC today declared that the front will participate in the movement for the inclusion of Meetei/Meitei on the Schedule Tribe list spearheaded by the Schedule Tribe Demand Committee (STDC).
Speaking to the media person at the office of Manipur Pradesh Trinamool Congress Committee situated at Haokip Veng, Dr.Th Inaocha Convenor of SDF said that with the front will join the mass rally to be held on the 3rd of March organise by Schedule Tribe Demand Committee for the inclusion of Meetei/Meitei on the ST list as the front consider it the need of the hour.
Regarding the upcoming election of Lok Sabha, Th Inaocha said that the Secular Democratic Front will produce candidates both the inner and outer to contest the upcoming election. He added that until now 5 candidates have already been given to the front for contesting the election out of which two outer candidates and three inner candidates. He added that after thorough discussion among the members the front will decide the candidates to be contested on the upcoming Lok Sabha election.
Condemning on the issue of not removing the posters put up on the median where court has already given instructions to remove it, Inaocha said that the law enforcing agencies disrespect the court orders as until now the poster hasn’t removed. He appealed that that government should remove the poster immediately.
Focusing on the issue of Citizenship Amendment Bill Inaocha said that the people need to remain alert as there the Bill can be brought up again. He further questioned the 60 MLAs whether they all agree with the issue of CAB as any concrete decisions weren’t taken until now in the ongoing assembly session. He said that a concrete resolution of the house against the contentious bill should be taken.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate