Imphal, Feb 25,
Wife of a victim of custodial death alleged that some unknown person came to her and offered Rs. 7 lakhs if she withdraws the case filed in the matter at Law court. Athokpam Angousana, who was allegedly killed in police custody in 27th Feb 2011 by Thoubal police commando, is among the 1528 case filed by the EEVFAM and CBI has charge sheeted but CJM Thoubal disposed the case as the state government had not given prosecution sanction.
Athokpam Tampha, wife of the deceased, while speaking to media persons at Manipur Press Club said that justice has not been delivered till today even after knowing that her husband died in police custody.
The court disposed the case on the ground that there is no prosecution sanction from the state government. She appealed to sanction the prosecution order to deliver justice to the victim. She also added that she had turned down the offer to her by unknown person.
She also said that the unknown person mocked at her saying that the accused will never be punished no matter how hard she tried.
Daughter of Angousana Athokpam, Athokpam Tanoubi said that they felt quite happy as the cases were handed over to CBI in the hope that justice will be delivered to her departed father who was murdered in police custody. She added that with the recent judgment of her father’s case due to the lack of prosecution sanction justice will be denied. She appealed the responsible authorities to give the prosecution sanction to continue the case further so that the victim gets justice.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Shirui Lily Festival concludes with much fanfare;Governor Dr. Heptulla worries about the existence of Shirui Lily due to climate change impact
- 128th Manipur Police Raising Day Held; Government committed to uphold the territorial integrity of the state: CM
- An Introspection to the Shirui Lily Festival
- The taste of SINGJU: Manipuri traditional snack that bridge love bondage between new lovers of yesteryears
- Manipur HC quashes MPSC – 2016 main examination; directs CBI to investigate