Imphal, Feb 25,
A total of Rs. 4171.14 lakhs has been allocated for development of Tourism sector for the year 2018-19. This was stated by Chief Minister N. Biren Singh who is also in charge of Tourism while replying to a question by Congress MLA O hennery during question hour today. He said of the total allocation , Rs. 3703.14 lakhs has been earmarked for development of tourism infrastructure, organising state festival and promotion of tourism.
The CM also said that steps taken up for implementation of Tourism policy in the state includes promotion of Manipur Tourism through state and local level festival and showcasing of local products to stake holders at domestic and international tourism events among others.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- We have full faith in our leadership, Manipur will not be affected – CM assures again
- CM has every reason to believe but not the public
- The hostile education system and future of children in the northeast India
- UNLF Chairman RK Meghen taken to Delhi
- Alert demonstration demanding disclosure of FA continues; More Congress MLAs joins COCOMI protest