Imphal, Feb. 23,
The joint Meeyamgi Numit and Hill Leaders’ Day was held at the Durbar Hall of Chief Minister’s Secretariat today. As usual, huge number of people both from different hill and valley districts came to meet Chief Minister N. Biren Singh to bring their plights and grievances to his notice.
The Chief Minister personally attended to around 412 complaints and met nearly 1200 people from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm. Principal Secretary (Health) and Nodal Officer of Meeyamgi Numit Vumlunmang Vualnam, Commissioner (Planning) and OSD to CM Sumant Singh, Secretary to CM N. Geoffrey, DIG (Adm) I.K. Muivah and other senior Government officials assisted the Chief Minister in assessing people’s complaints.
Officials of different Government Departments like Health, Minority, Other Backward Classes and Scheduled Castes, Social Welfare, Education (S), Manipur State Co-operative Bank Ltd. and Police were also present at the CM’s Secretariat complex to resolve people’s grievances instantly.
Many differently-abled persons, widows and people belonging to poor families were instantly enrolled under Government’s noble schemes like Chief Minister-gi Hakshel-gi Tengbang (CMHT) and Chief Minister-gi Sotharabashing-gi Tengbang (CMST) etc. Many educated and skilled youths were also identified to provide soft loans from different banks.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- “Retirement part of our life” Min Biswajit at Tc&I employees farewell ceremony
- Judicious journalism is a tool for good governance
- Manipur University VC Prof Adya Prasad Pandey dismissed
- MACR appreciates government but not happy over delay in approving Draft State Child Policy, 2017
- Committing crime against nature and the essence of patriotism