Imphal, Feb 22,
The ongoing 7 session of the 11 Manipur Legislative Assembly which began on February 20 and scheduled to have sitting till March 20 is likely to be shortened by having sitting on Saturday too.
Chief Minister N. Biren Singh, who is also the leader of the house while drawing the attention of the house said that as the Lok Sabha Session is likely to be held in the first week of March, the government may face difficulties in taking up government affairs if the code of conduct has been enforced.
Opposition leader also accepted the proposal of the leader of the house to shorten the session by having sitting on Saturday.
Speaker Y. Khemchand after listening to both the leaders of the treasury and opposition bench said that a meeting of the Business Advisory Committee (BAC) will be held this evening and the matter to shorten the Assembly session will be considered.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Rebels attack 19 AR camp in Chandel district
- Road safety in Manipur: A need to plug fatal gaps
- Truth, sincerity and commitment with reasonable action is the only way left now Mr. Chief Minister
- Normalcy crippled in Manipur during MANPAC’s 18 hours general strike
- Please understand CAB; if not today future is at stake if it passes