By Oken Jeet Sandham
KOHIMA, Feb 21 (NEPS):
Governor of Nagaland PB Acharya again announced the Nagaland Government’s stand on the resolution of the Naga political issue. He was addressing the Third Session of the 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly (NLA) on Wednesday.
“In this very House, in the First Session of the 13th Nagaland Legislative Assembly, I had mentioned that the top agenda of my government is early resolution of the Naga political issue and that we will work with all stakeholders for a solution that is honorable, inclusive, sustainable and acceptable to the people,” the Governor recalled.
Governor also stated about holding of the consultative meeting of all 60 Legislators of NLA on September 18, 2018 and consensually deciding to re-constitute the Joint Legislators’ Forum (JLF) on Naga political issue and to pursue the Naga political issue to its logical conclusion.
“The PDA Government is committed to facilitate an early resolution of the Indo Naga political issue through a negotiated agreement that honors the unique history and rights of the Nagas,” he added.
Appreciating the efforts of Government of India for ensuring that they moved closer to a solution “that is inclusive, honorable and acceptable to Nagas,” Acharya said “With the concerted efforts of the Tribal Hohos and mass based civil society organizations, the Church, NGOs and NNPGs, different groups have now come together and this seems to be most opportune time for the Naga political groups to resolve the decades old Naga political imbroglio so that we achieve (a) lasting peace.”
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?