Imphal, Feb 21,
Non availability of textbooks prescribed by Board of Secondary Education, Manipur, (BOSEM,) despite commencement of academic sessions, which has been a recurring issue in the State in the past few years has been highlighted in the state assembly on Thursday.
On the other hand, various outfits in the state have also drawn the attention of the concerned authorities within this purview for the past many weeks.
“Manipur is in deals with shortage of text book,” president of the All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU) Manjit Sarangthem warned the authorities concerned of launching various forms of agitation because of failure to provide the prescribed textbooks for elementary school level upto the High School level. He threatened that the students’ body will launch stir if the books in demands are not made available in the markets within the next February end.
Rinku Khumukcham, Editor of Imphal Times has more than 15+ years in the field of Journalism. A seasoned editor, was a former editor of ISTV News. He resides in Keishamthong Elangbam Leikai, with his wife and parents.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- Manipur University fiasco: High Court directs Independent committee to submit report within five days
- Massive hunt for perpetrators behind the killing of Arunachal Pradesh MLA with 10 others underway at Khonsa region
- ENNG condemns Killing of AP MLA with 10 others
- Stop faking and face the facts
- Arunachal Pradesh MLA Tirong Aboh along with 6 others killed in ambush by suspected NSCN-IM cadres