Imphal, Feb 21,
Non availability of textbooks prescribed by Board of Secondary Education, Manipur, (BOSEM,) despite commencement of academic sessions, which has been a recurring issue in the State in the past few years has been highlighted in the state assembly on Thursday.
On the other hand, various outfits in the state have also drawn the attention of the concerned authorities within this purview for the past many weeks.
“Manipur is in deals with shortage of text book,” president of the All Manipur Students’ Union (AMSU) Manjit Sarangthem warned the authorities concerned of launching various forms of agitation because of failure to provide the prescribed textbooks for elementary school level upto the High School level. He threatened that the students’ body will launch stir if the books in demands are not made available in the markets within the next February end.
Latest from Rinku Khumukcham
- ‘Dignified way for return of Kashmiri Pandits obligatory’
- Manipur Governor Opens XIIth State Level Manipur Pineapple Festival at Khousabung; Calls on the need for opening of Cold Storage
- To the rescue for the degrading environment ; we can do it
- 12 injured in rally demanding justice for Reamei Chungamlu; JAC calls indefinite blockade at NHs and shuts all project in Zeliangrong area
- WHAT VOWS DOES A CATHOLIC PRIEST TAKE?